1. Which of your stories have you probably told the greatest number of times to the most people?
I wrote about this on December 22 last year. The story about my scaring Thenal with my mechanical tarantulas keeps popping up. I considered that one of my best pranks. This one sticks out more than my other pranks for some reason.
2. What’s a story someone else often tells about you, much to your chagrin?
The story about cooking Turkey that Thenal posted on my blog back last November. He continues to tell that story followed by playing that recording. Again, how could I have known that a turkey was a bird and not Stone’s friend whom they called Turkey?
3. What oft-told story from a chapter in your life seems to be remembered differently by different people who were there?
Omman likes to tell the story of the day back in December when everyone went wind surfing. He kept pointing out how I along with a couple others had gotten the lines to our paraglide chutes entangled in that oak tree.
Yet, he can’t get his facts straight. As I reported last December in a blog about our ‘wind surfing’ adventures, I pointed out that I had to get Stone to help get the others out of that tree. Though, I did not anticipate him cutting that tree down with them in it.
And, I don’t care how many photos Omman claims he has that prove his claim. Anyone can tell that those images had been doctored.
4. What are some of the details, without retelling the whole story, of a story you’ve told often but never to your parents?
5. What song would be an appropriate soundtrack to the story of your most embarrassing moment?
Either the song “Midnight Confessions” by the Grass Roots or “Dance to the Music” by Sly and The Family Stone.
I along with my roommates got caught slipping in from an evening in the town. We had discovered a band was to play in town. When the music started, we danced until our legs gave out.
Apparently, we weren't supposed to leave the trailer. Tement knew what we had done and I felt bad about it. I don’t know if the others did so, but he made me feel so bad that I had to confess that we slipped into town in order to dance to some music.
To view the collection of others who participate in the Friday 5, go to